I think all of Twins Sisters blogging and Twitter friends should get together to form a MLB expansion team. Perhaps this isn’t a sweet idea. I am even willing to concede that it’s a ridiculous idea, but really, it’s only a fantasy, so I might as well have some fun with it. How hard could it be? Can you all imagine how great it would be to be in charge of a baseball team? I just can’t see any downsides at all. Thinking “out loud,” here are some of the things we’d need to do to get started, in no particular order.
- Contact MLB for permission to start a franchise.
- Get some money together. Anyone know any really wealthy people willing to lend us money & then get out of the way to let us run the show?
- Figure out where to locate the franchise. Maybe New York could support another team. Or maybe somewhere in the Carolinas? How about Utah?
- Think of a super awesome name for our team.
- Design some snazzy uniforms.
- And oh, I guess we’d need to get some players signed up.
So who’s with me? Even with the inevitable “this team sucks because it’s brand new” phase, it would be the most fun, best run franchise in all of baseball. It would be fan friendly, it would have the best ballpark food ever, the uniforms would be so cool that everyone, even non-fans, would want replica jerseys. We’d hire someone really cool to be in charge of music at the park. We’d have amazing promotions and affordable tickets. Easy parking or handy mass transit would be a must.
Let’s get started, ok? Again I ask, how hard could it really be?